In 1963, John Pav graduated from Jones County Junior College in Ellisville, Mississippi with a degree in Horology (watchmaking). He worked for Sears Roebuck for 10 years, and after honing his skills, he decided to open his own shop in downtown Gulfport in 1973 named John Pav’s Trade Shop. The shop specialized in watch repair for most of the jewelry stores on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
John worked alone until 1974, when his brother-in-law, Melton Broome, graduated from Jones County Junior College with a degree in Horology and Jewelry Repair, joined him.
By 1980, due to their growth and success, John and Melton became business partners, moved into a larger building, and became Pav & Broome Watchmakers & Jewelers. They again moved in 1985 to a larger building with space to include retail. During the time at this location, eight more employees were hired, including two future partners: John’s son, Matthew, and Melton’s son, Vernon.
Again the business was growing and getting crowded, so in March 2000, plans began to build a state-of-the-art, free standing facility to meet their needs. In October 2002, the doors opened.
Our family has enjoyed the joys of everyday life with our Coast friends and neighbors, from the first gift for a new-found love, to wedding engagements and anniversaries to birth and graduation celebrations and much more. We love being able to celebrate these times with our customers.
These relationships have allowed us to become one of the largest diamond and fine jewelry stores along the Gulf Coast. Our family’s reputation of excellent customer service and the extensive selection of fine jewelry and luxury timepieces has allowed us to continue to grow with downtown Gulfport.
We look forward to serving you. Visit our store 1912 25th Ave, in downtown Gulfport.